An important message to our patients.
Surrey Ultrasound Clinic
At Access MRI, we make ultrasounds an easy process. You can expect your ultrasound to be performed in a timely manner by an experienced, accredited professional. Our Surrey ultrasound clinic’s state-of-the-art equipment provides better quality, detailed images than can be found within most hospital clinics. Your comfort is always a priority; your privacy and modesty are always maintained during your procedure.
Depending on your specific procedure, you can expect to be in the clinic anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes. If an ultrasound of the heart is required, the process may take up to one hour.
The procedure will begin with your ultrasound technologist explaining your procedure to you. The exam will then be performed using an ultrasound transducer with the help of some warm gel to conduct the sound waves. You may feel a bit of pressure, asked to move around, or to take deep breaths – this is to ensure the transducer captures the highest-quality images possible. Upon completion, the radiologist will review the images and send them, along with a detailed report, to your doctor.
Access MRI is a private provider of medical imaging services located in Surrey, British Columbia. We are proud to provide a full spectrum of high-quality, accessible services, including a large variety of diagnostic ultrasounds.
Booking your diagnostic ultrasound with Access MRI comes with the following benefits:
- Minimal wait times, so you can receive your imaging and treatments faster than you would in the public health system;
- An experienced staff of sonographers and doctors, here to provide you with a best-in-class experience;
- A state-of-the-art Philips 3D/4D Ultrasound system, which can generate complex images and evaluate moving heart structures.
We want you to go into your ultrasound as informed as possible about your procedure; see the answers to our Frequently Asked Questions here.
To book your ultrasound, call us today at (604) 575-5566 or contact us here. Please note that all ultrasounds require a physician’s referral.
Ultrasound Price List
Venous or Carotid Doppler
Access MRI uses the Philips Epiq 7 ultrasound system. In addition to its superb general imaging features, it provides new useful ultrasound technologies not available in hospitals or most clinics, including:
- High Resolution Imaging – provides greater detail
- Shear Wave Elastography – a useful tool for early detection of liver problems
- 3D / 4D Ultrasound – better evaluation of complex anatomy and moving heart structures
- Strain – earlier detection of heart abnormalities when images appear otherwise normal
- Automated Cardiac Motion Quantification – greater accuracy in evaluation of how each segment of the heart muscle is functioning.
Examination preparation instructions can vary from procedure to procedure, it’s important to follow the instructions to ensure accurate results.
You will be provided with a specific preparation for your exam either from your doctor or from our booking experts here at Access MRI.
Preparations can include fasting, a full bladder or no preparation at all! Arrive wearing clothing of your choice.
The technologist may ask you to change in order to protect your clothing from ultrasound gel.
Price Match Guarantee
We will match any competitor’s advertised price for the same exam